Saturday, December 21, 2013

GET ME TO WARMTH AND LUXURY....

So cold ... Off to Saint Germain Des-Pres for some delights. Wonderful Christmas market in the Square opposite Les Deux Magots, which once haunted by the likes of Ernest Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald -now seems to attract many who want a special Paris moment. Not busy as you can see....

Fish La Boissonnerie for clam soup that I would have given my right arm for the recipe!

 

Now in spite of Keith Spicer's opinion that he has THE patisserie shop at his doorstep....I have now experienced THE ultimate, most unforgettable macarons I will ever ever eat. Line up to get into Pierre Hermé says it all! I spoke with a number of locals who convinced me in a second I was going to have the BESSSSSST....they were right!!!!! Check out their website!!

An understated elegant shop on rue Bonaparte with a long line....worth every second as was given a culinary lesson while waiting from a young French couple who were both chefs.

These are Bûche de Noël ( Yule Logs) oh the detail!

Look at these works of art!

Words could never describe...

This is a Surprise de fêtes...imagine...mince meat, meringue, light cake and cream....beyond!!

Do you think it helps that I walked 17,000 steps today? NO....

Transfer at Montparnasse....you have to pay attention...this is worth 400 steps right here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment