Friday, December 13, 2013

MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOURS.....

Can not ever remember when I lived next to a monastery...but do now. The Priory of Saint-Martin-des-Champs was around in 1060 then well outside the walls of Paris (thus des champs in the fields) and was used as a prison during the French Revolution. Now the Museum of Arts and Crafts Musée Arts et Métiers that few have visited...a find!

Did you ever read The Piano Shop on The Left Bank? One of my favourite books and I would say a must read...For me it is now the Violin Shop on the Right Bank with the perfect neighbour who greets me every day when he looks up from crafting violins and cellos. We decided he would be the Stradivarius of the future. His virgin cello is almost finished but imagine the thrill of a private recital as he played Elgar!

 

Meet Jan Bartos - Luthier

 

1 comment: