Friday, May 10, 2013

CENTRE POMPIDOU MODERN ART AT ITS BEST

As I am heading to NYC in September to live at MOMA for several days this Museum was of course on my Paris to do list! A day is needed here and the special exhibitions of Eileen Gray, Soto and Mike Kelley were just more than one could expect!!

Wish I could show you all the highlights ...here are a few:

Igor Stravinsky Fountain

Entrance to the Centre Pompidou

 

Yaacov Agam's kinetic interior was commissioned by George Pompidou in 1971....you likely would not want this full size room....but thought it an outstanding piece of art!

 
......you know this one!

Miró...from his blue period

So many fantastic Picasso's ...here are two that I wanted to take home!
 

Kadinsky...one of many

And Matisse....will joy ever end?
...for my friend Dale!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment