Monday, May 6, 2013

THE OPERA BUCKET LIST....

For many years I have had the joy of attending the opera in cities around the world...Sydney, Amsterdam, New York and more. BUT not likely will any of them exceed tonight's experience at the Palais Garnais. A national monument and the performance tonight was perfection.

The orchestra of the National Opera was beyond perfection.. the evening and Humperdinck is a performance I will never forget. Had forgotten my beloved grande-mère had given me "Hansel et Gretel" when I was a child. She was with me tonight.

The Grand Foyer above...

Chagall and his love of opera houses...

 

 

The set was amazing as were the voices!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful shots! I didn't realize Chagall's work was there. I'll have to see it in closer detail online but it must have been a shame when the lights turned off! Extraordinary sets- reminds me of the sets for Midsummer Night's Dream at Stratford 40 years ago where the actors, when finished their parts, would go upstairs to watch the play continue, instead of going off stage. This looks like the making of a truly beautiful memory. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete