Sunday, May 19, 2013

MY LAST POST .....

Nothing but rain in the days ahead..Museums closed on Monday...so time to go shopping!

When je pense about the depth and magnificence of what I have seen I just give thanks for my love of art, music and vision of so many that have left a lifetime of pleasure for anyone. I can barely fathom that I have not even scratched the surface as I have said before and it will take some doing not to be back within months!

This trip has opened my mind, eyes and the world will never look the same.....not sure how anyone can leave this country! The sheer magnitude is beyond description...

Today took me to the Nissim De Camondo Museum such history here with a passionate collector of the arts. The collection is remarkable of the French decorative arts of the eighteenth century. Moise Camondo's only son was killed in the First World War and it is clear the pain remained until Moise died In 1935 after a bitter divorce. He took over his two children and his daughter Béatrice, husband and children eventually died in Auchwitz. The Museum was left to France on his son's death as his daughter was not interested in the collection. Lucky France, but few happy days were had under this roof!

 

A walk in the lovely Parc Monceau that the mansion backs on brought a lovely end to a Sunday.

Moise would often take his meals in the Porcelain Room... With this collection who wouldn't!!!

 

View of the Jardins next to Parc Monceau...
 

An inviting Parc....

 

Thanks to Suzanne, Peter, Thomas, and Lyn for your love and support...thanks to Susie, Leafy for your calls!

À bientôt......

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. This was my favourite small museum in Paris. Tears sprung to my eyes when I entered the Porcelain Room filled with birdie china on taffeta covered shelving. The kitchen offered a fascinating glimpse into the below stairs workings in France. In this museum, one can almost hear the clinking of glasses of long ago parties, the swoosh of long skirts, and sniff the cigar smoke in the library. It doesn't get better than that.
    I know you'll return before long, now that you've become a dyed in the wool Francophile. May you return sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ann,

    Thomas & I just spent the last hour drinking in your very amazing awe inspiring blog of your visit to France! Wow you really "sucked the marrow" out of life as they say! You saw and felt so much in your 3 weeks. Not one minute was wasted in your time there. Thank you for sharing such incredible photos of Art, Food, Gardens and the of the people you met. I feel like I just traveled to France! Merci Beaucoup mon amie!! Jo-Anne & Thomas

    ReplyDelete